“MAPEI is the first tile and stone installation systems manufacturer to use groups of organized grout colors to help
customers make the best color choice for their grout.”
David Mowery, TSIS Business Manager of MAPEI.
MAPEI, the world leader in grout, mortar, and adhesive products, partnered with
Chameleon Power to apply Chameleon’s advanced color technologies to their products.
Utilizing Chameleon technology, MAPEI has evolved its grout colors for the tile and stone
industry. This new palette was created by the MAPEI color team with consultation from
Chameleon’s VP of Color Solutions, Phil Kenyon
- Review current palette and select colors for deletion.
- Identify gaps in color space and identify popular and trending color space for flooring.
- Objectively define the strengths and weaknesses of competitor palettes to create bestin class new palette.
- Provided MAPEI with Chameleon’s Chromalyzer software and existing color knowledge.
- Collected color data from key flooring products.
- Mapping of options in 3D space to ensure optional color groups.
- Significant reduction in cost and time to attain approvals for new color selections.
- Developed a palette of 40 colors spread across 5 color collections.
Helped to make MAPEI the first tile and stone installation systems manufacturer to use
groups of organized grout colors to help customers make the best color choice for their grout.
Assisted in launch promotion by detailing both the art and science employed in new
product selection. Provided increased confidence from users in the palette selection process.
“We used Chameleon color technology to support our creative team and color lab to
develop a new 40-color palette spread across 5 color collections, each infused with a
distinct personality,” said David Mowery, TSIS Business Manager of MAPEI. Chameleon tools
and services are deployed as customer-facing solutions and as product development
technologies within the manufacturing and design sectors.
Chameleon’s color expertise and corresponding technology is utilized globally across many
industries including paint, grout/mortar, textures, fabrics, cosmetics, design, and many
more. Estee Lauder, MAPEI, Nike, PPG, Sherwin-Williams, Valspar and many other global
manufacturers utilize Chameleon for color help and palette creation.